Gail Kingman and Lauren Vicari of Sweet Passion Cakery, taught us how to make and use isomalt. Here is the simple recipe. Check out the Live Session recording with Gail and Lauren HERE!
3 pounds Isomalt crystals (1361 grams)
Distilled Water (Add enough to achieve a wet sand consistency)
- Combine 3 pounds of isomalt crystals with enough distilled water to make the mixture like “wet sand”.
- Boil the mixture in a pot on medium-high heat until it reaches 333 degrees Fahrenheit (167 Celsius).
- Once the temperature is reached, place in a cold water bath immediately to stop the cooking process.
- Once cooled a bit (but still pourable) pour into silicone ice cube trays for storage and future use.
- Once set and cool to the touch in the ice cube trays, store in plastic bags or containers with silica gel packet to keep moisture away.
- Set oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135 Celsius) and place isomalt in a glass or silicone dish, on top of a oven safe tray, to keep at a good pouring temperature