- I baked THREE 10" cake layers (in 2" deep tins)...or you could bake only two 10" cake layers but in 3" deep tins. Both will allow for 5 mini cakes, about 5"tall (or slightly taller).
Link to document with the actual size flamingo photo you can use for reference for a 5" tall cake, 4" wide...
Printing Photo Inspiration Images from Shawna's Google Docs Files:
To edit the document and change its size...
- First, click on the Google Doc link that I've provided. You'll need to have a google account to complete the next steps, so if you want to print from these google docs I add, it's a good idea to setup a google account.
- Ok, after you click on the link and the photo has opened in the document, click "file" in the upper left hand corner.
- A menu drops down... then click on "make a copy". A box pops up where you can give the file a name and designate which folder in your google drive you'd like to save it to. It should then automatically open up that copied document for you.
- You should be able to edit that document (you can only view the original that I posted.) Change size as needed and you can hit the print button when you're finished!
The only chocolate cake recipe I’ll use, now, as it’s moist, dense, carves well, and is RIDICULOUSLY delicious!
This is an adaptation of Lauren Kitchen's Easy Buttercream recipe. It's a little bit sweeter than her original recipe (but definitely not too sweet!) and works well for piping flowers and buttercream designs, as a buttercream underneath fondant (as it hardens in the fridge nicely to get those sharp edges on your fondant) or just left as a buttercream finish on your cake. It's my new favorite!
a stylish Disco Dust metallic finish on your creations,
and it is 100% edible!
Straight-edge laminated board; European-style appearance; attractive, reflective, non-embossed
No raw edges, no corrugated ribbing
Upper (colored side) laminated for the ultimate in grease proof and moisture resistance
By Enjay Converters, a quality manufacturer of foil- and film-laminated bakery boards and boxes, laminated board products for deli, smoked meat and fish applications
No Open Edges!
The edges of our foil covered cake boards are finished off smooth.
The perimeter of this silver cake board is protected with the same food safe grease-resistant gold foil that decorates the surface. The full wrap over the edges not only makes for a more elegant presentation of your cakes, but it also keeps frosting and crumbs out of the corrugated material that stiffens the cake pad.